January 3, 2009

"Remember that God has enabled you to become an example of love, forgiveness and brotherly coexistence ... I call on you not to hate because hate does not leave a space for a person to be fair and it makes you blind and closes all doors of thinking and keeps away one from balanced thinking and making the right choice.

I also call on you not to hate the peoples of the other countries that attacked us and differentiate between the decision-makers and peoples."

- Saddam Hussein

It's interesting what revelations people seem to find in their final days. I hope I'm not a hypocrite on my deathbed.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Woah. I don't even know what to say to this. What must have been going through his head?

Anonymous said...

That's the most interesting part about this. Was this last minute realization and remorse, or simply what he thought himself to be following the entire time? It's too bad he's not alive to tell us.

Anonymous said...

Or, as a third option, was he just lying? The whole "deathbed" scenario is extraordinarily fascinating, because one begins to rethink EVERYTHING.